Newcastle Gateshead Clinical Commisioning Group
- Your Health
- Health services near you
- Personal health budgets
- NHS 111
- GP extended access
- Little Orange Book
- Think Pharmacy First
- Continuing healthcare
- My NHS - register to receive updates on our work
- Diabetes: know your risk
- Care and Support Planning for Long Term Conditions
- Stroke awareness
- Urgent Care in Newcastle
- Urgent Care in Gateshead
NHS 111 is a quick and easy way to access to local NHS healthcare services. It is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls from landlines and mobiles are free.
NHS 111 is a national number that connects you to a team of advisers, supported by experienced clinicians. They begin by asking a series of questions to assess your symptoms and either give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you to the best local service to meet your individual needs.
If they think you need an ambulance, they will send one immediately – just as if you had originally dialled 999.
Dial 111 if:
- You need medical help fast, but it is not a 999 emergency
- You think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
- You do not know who to call for medical help or you do not have a GP to call
- You require health information or reassurance about what to do next
The 111 service is also available via ‘Typetalk’ for deaf or hard-of-hearing people on number 18001 111.