Newcastle Gateshead Clinical Commisioning Group
Decision made: Ponteland Road Medical Practice
- 2017 engagement work
- Newcastle Gateshead CCG takes the Time to Change challenge
- General Practice Strategy
- Patient Views of the new model of care for Type 2 Diabetes in Newcastle
- Transforming Care Programme
- Views and experiences of End of Life Care for Adults in Newcastle: Engaging with Seldom Heard Groups
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) - information about events, activities and support in and around Gateshead
- Decision made: Ponteland Road Medical Practice
- Decision made: Grainger Medical Group
- Truth Engagement Project
- How does the NHS in England work? An alternative guide
- Review of Carers Services in Gateshead
- Give your views on the draft sustainability and transformation plans for Northumberland, Tyne, Wear and North Durham
- Patient information about the future of Blaydon GP Led Practice
- Take part in the National Cancer Patient Experience Survey
- Gateshead Council - Department of Public Health Annual Report 2017-18
- Join the Healthwatch #SpeakUp campaign - share your ideas that could help improve health and social care
Decision made: Ponteland Road Medical Practice
Following an update in July about the GP practice based at Ponteland Road Health Centre, we wanted to provide you with further information on the future of the practice.
Earlier this year, we launched a public consultation giving patients the opportunity to have their say on how services are provided by the practice.
The possible options for the practice were identified as:
Option 1: Keep the GP practice
This means we would conduct an exercise to secure a provider to deliver a service for the patients currently registered at Ponteland Road Health Centre. All patients would automatically transfer to the provider of the new contract, or patients could choose to register with an alternative practice.
Option 2: Close the GP practice
This means that the GP practice located at Ponteland Road Health Centre would close. Patients would be given advice about registering at another GP surgery in the local area. This option would not affect the walk-in centre located at the health centre.
The results of the consultation have informed our plans for the future of the practice, and at a meeting held in public on 31 October 2017, the NHS Newcastle Gateshead Clinical Commissioning Group’s Primary Care Commissioning Committee announced its decision to keep the GP practice (option one).
We will now conduct an exercise to secure a provider to deliver GP services from 01 April 2018.
If the procurement is successful, patients will automatically transfer to the provider of the new contract and can continue to be seen at the health centre or a suitable premises in close proximity. Patients who are unhappy with the decision may choose to register with an alternative local practice.
Important information on Ponteland Road Health Centre
Following an update in October 2017 about the GP practice based at Ponteland Road Health Centre, we wanted to provide you with further information on the future of the practice.
In 2017 we launched a public consultation giving patients the opportunity to have their say on how services are provided by the practice.
At a meeting held in public on 31 October 2017, NHS Newcastle Gateshead Clinical Commissioning Group’s (CCG) Primary Care Commissioning Committee announced its decision to procure another service, while acknowledging that should the procurement process be unsuccessful the practice would be closed and the list dispersed.
The procurement process commenced on 13 November 2017, however no compliant bids were received by the closing date of 6 December 2017 and the procurement process has failed to secure a provider of GP services at the site.
Taking into consideration the failed procurement process, as well as the previous committee decision taken on 31 October 2017, at a meeting held in public on 30 January 2018, NHS Newcastle Gateshead CCG’s Primary Care Commissioning Committee announced that the practice list will be dispersed and the GP practice will close.
This decision will not affect the walk-in service based at Ponteland Road Health Centre.
Patients currently registered with the GP practice based at Ponteland Road Health Centre will be informed of this decision and will need to register with another surgery in the local area.
A list of nearby practices will be provided to patients, as well as more detailed information on how to register with a GP practice.
For more information
Please contact Helen Fox, senior communications manager on 0191 217 2670 or email@example.com.